Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Bracelet


My next pinterest creation is this little bracelet. I have a bit of a bracelet obsession anymore. I am also one of those girls who will end up with 10 of them up my arm without even realizing how many are there. A lot of my bracelets i get from Honduras but i wear them until they literally wearout so i'm down to just a hair tie left on my wrist now. When i saw this idea i figured it would be a quick easy way to get me a cute replacement bracelet til i could go back to Hondo and get more!

The original design of this came from trying to copy a Chan Lulu that cost about $220! YIKES!!


It was then crafted by this blogger to look more like this...


I then took that idea, modified it slightly and crafted it with some old 'fake swede' string i had at home and my more 'earthy' feeling wood beads. Here are the steps with my modified steps under them:

Cut the ribbon into 3 equal lengths. EDIT: Standard bracelet size is 7 inches so you’ll want it about 29 inches long in order to wrap 4 times. *I cut mine shorter to wrap around my wrist twice then add a few inches (at least 4) for the braided ends.

Start by braiding about 6 inches of ribbon and then secure the end with a rubber band. Anchor the end with something heavy to hold in it place.*Being a hairdresser i have a ton of those teeny tiny rubber bands laying around and i used those which worked great!

Start braiding in the beads by feeding the ball onto the middle strand and then tightly braiding the other two strands around it. Continue feeding beads onto the middle strand until you run out (I had about 25) or until there’s about 6 inches of ribbon left.*After each bead would cross/braid it five times before putting the next bead on the middle strand.

Finish with another 6 inches or so of braiding. Then clamp the ends with ribbon fasteners or just tie it in a knot.*I went with the knot method for this part.





No comments:

Post a Comment