Thursday, January 6, 2011

Team Day 2

On Tuesday (day 2) we headed out to a village called Mona loa first thing in the morning. A couple people from the group helped at a feeding center there, the 2 boys that made it here poured some cement for bathrooms to the church/ feeding center and the rest of us helped out at a free day care. I went with the day care group and it was so much fun!





After that we headed to the bodega (storage place) and sorted through some donation clothes, food, blankets, etc. We found some real gems of some of the clothes we sorted through.



Soon after that 6 more of our group finally landed in Honduras! We met up with them, grabbed some toys and coloring books and headed to the hospital to try to brighten some kids' day! The hospital here is always a rough place for me. I hate medical things to begin with so hospitals in the states freak me out. Let alone a Honduran hospital where you see things that would NEVER fly in the states. If the hospital itself isn't bad enough, the kids there just absolutely break my heart. Typically when we visit the hospital I try to make it quick. I'll go in and out, room to room handing each kid a toy and then trying to get out as fast as I can. This time knowing how hard it is for me, I began praying for God to change me to be more useful for Him there. I totally felt Him come through for me while we were there too! I was able to go in and talk to a few of the kids without even thinking about all the medical stuff I can't stand all around me. With my small knowledge of Spanish I started reading a book all in Spanish to a little girl. I think she loved me messing up all the words the most but still, for that time she was laughing and having fun. One of the Honduran boys who lives with the missionaries named Luvin started reading a book to antoher boy and pretty soon he had me over with him acting it all out. I come here hoping to change others for Christ's sake and time and time again I am humbled when I allow God to change me.

No comments:

Post a Comment